WON Agenda April 20, 2017
Willie Keyes Recreation Center
3131 Union St., 6-8pm
1. Introductions and updates — 10 min.
2. Brigitte Cook from City Councilwoman Lynette Gibson McElhaney’s office–10-15 min.
Update on Compassionate Communitites, 2551 San Pablo, and more.
3. Betty Marvin, Oakland City Historian–30 min
Come hear about the history of Clawson/McClymonds and West Oakland!
4. West Oakland Walk—20 min.
Reconnecing reconnect West Oakland to downtown with a 4.5 mile rectangular loop. “This could be one of the country’s largest recycling projects,” architect Philip Banta said. “It’s the height of sustainability. And it could be a magnet for similar ideas.
5. Joe DeVries, Assistant to the City Administrator–30 min
Joe will discuss a possible new homeless encampment site at 34th and Mandela, and the cannabis business in West Oakland.
Invited but unconfirmed: new occupant of Alliance.